I am currently working for WHP Trainingtowers, as a Graphic Designer and Marketing Assistant. I have the opportunity to create, design, and build for the number one fire training tower company in the United States. I am passionate about Digital Media, Traditional Art Mediums and Skateboarding. I enjoy digital mediums, such as; Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, Autodesk and Microsoft Office Software. I take progressive ideas and create dynamic images in the most efficient way, without sacrificing design. I love using traditional mediums, such as; oil/acrylic paint, colored pencil, graphite, charcoal, and various printmaking techniques. I have been skateboarding since I was six years old, it has taught me a lot about having determination to achieve the impossible, commitment to see every project through and how people connect and collaborate. I surround myself with people who are equally as passionate about their work as I am. I understand the needs of progression when taking on big projects while collaborating with others.
I joined my passions of art and skateboarding, together, with an artistry skateboard griptape company called catSpray Griptape. I design, hand cut stencils and spray those stencils on skateboard griptape to allow the user to enjoy an image on their once solid black top. The designs are visually appealing but not distracting to the user. The stencils are based on my personal influences and thoughts, as well as collaborating with local artists and custom work.
University of Kansas
B.F.A. – Illustration & Animation
– Brand and identity for the new modular training unit called MODx
– Create 3D renderings and fly-over videos for Training Tower Bids.
– 3D model – Tower Options and Accessories
– Create Photo-realistic 3D renderings
– Create and edit various videos for MODx and other products
– Brand all Training Towers and Props
– Use their existing website framework to create an easier network to products
– Incorporate new branding and simple design into all of the products made in-house.
– Keep website update with new Training Tower products/current photos
– Create Labels and Nameplates for in-house products
– Create content for Social Media posts
– Update contacts into ACT
– Organize the entry to be presentable for guests
– Gained experience in:
– Google SketchUp – VideoPad – WordPress – CorelDraw – Adobe Products
– Microsoft Office, – Social Media (Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter)
Programs (Windows & Mac)
-Adobe Creative Suite (CS4-CC)
Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, & Acrobat
Word, Excel, & PowerPoint
-Google SketchUp 2016
SU Podium, Keyframe Animation, Twilight Render, & Indigo RT Render
Concept Development, Layout, 3D Modeling, Rendering, Typography, Photography, Photo Editing, Digital Painting, Visual Communication, Graphic Design, Social Media, Branding & Identity, Art Direction, Creative Direction.
Sketching, Drawing, Acrylic Painting, Stencil Graffiti, Mixed Media, Colored Pencil, Color Theory, Illustration, Visual and Fine Arts.
Committee Member / Project Worker at Harrison Street DIY Project
June 2015 – Present
Developing and working on interactive concrete projects for a community DIY skatepark for the Columbus Park community. The expansion of the skatepark is not where it ends. We are also, working to improve the surrounding area to make it safe and fun for everyone.